Everyone has access to enough good food. We trust people to know what they need.
To give meaning to food as a basic human right, we will take steps to:
- Provide food for people who need it.
- Foster broad community involvement in both short- and long-term solutions.
- Provide public education around poverty and food insecurity.
- Provide education related to food skills and personal empowerment.
- To build health, social and emotional capacity in low income community members through diverse programming,
- To increase ways to acquire, grow and produce food locally for use in our programs,
- To engage in food security issues at the systemic level,
- To diversify food access opportunities,
- To raise awareness of issues around food access, poverty and related oppression, and
- To operate in a space that suits our needs and where all community members feel welcome.